Kariba Bream Fish Fingers
Light, healthy, tactile meal. Suitable for toddlers
Preparation time: 15min - Cooking time: 5min -
For 6 people
- 500 grams bream fillets, skin off, defrosted
- 1.5 cup(s) rice crispies or cornflakes, crushed
- 150 grams grated Kefalatiri cheese, grated
- 0.5 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 2 SPAR eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) SPAR Canola oil for frying
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) SPAR plain flour
- 1 pinch(es) salt and pepper to season
- 0 Lemon Dip:
- 2 tablespoon(s) Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon(s) SPAR lemon juice
- 1 pinch(es) salt
- 1 handful(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut fish fillets into fingers.
- Put rice crispies & cheese into food processor & chop finely into crumbs, (or finely grate cheese, place in a zip-lock back with cereal, seal then crush with a rolling pin). Transfer crumbs to a plate, add salt & pepper to taste
- Break eggs into a bowl & beat, place flour into a plate & set aside
- Toss fish in the flour, then dunk each piece of fish into the beaten egg before rolling into the rice crispie mix ensure each piece is evenly coated
- Fry immediately for 3-4 minutes until cooked, crisp & golden
- Remove & cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with lemon dip, sticks of raw carot, celery, cucumber and stris of pita bread.
- Lemon dip: mix together all dip ingredients & spoon into a separate small bowl. Place bowl on the plate together with the fish fingers & veggies.